Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter Fun

Easter is almost here and many places offer Free or inexpensive family activities.

We decided check out the Granada Hills Rec. Center for their Easter activities. They had an Easter egg hunt, Bounce house, Face Paint and Pictures with the Easter bunny as well as a magic show. The kids were not too interested in the magic show; so we went to see the Easter Bunny. My oldest had no problems going up to sit on the bunny's lap; but the youngest didn't want to get near him. She had no problem saying by to him though. Normally, I try to get a picture even if they are crying; ( yes, I'm one of THOSE moms) but I just didn't want to deal with that. So, off we went with a picture of just 1 child and the bunny.

Next, was the Easter egg hunt. After ready, set, go, ran a hundred or so kids with their parents in the small roped off area. Plastic eggs just disappeared in about 2 minutes. My oldest was able to get a few eggs. My 2 year old still stood at the starting point. I think she was scared of the mob of people flying past her. The oldest was nice enough to let her have a couple of her eggs. After the 2 min. chaos; they traded their eggs for candy.

We then moved on to the Bounce house. The kids got about 5 min for $1 to bounce. Most of my 5 min. watching the girls was spent listening to a 6 year old chat my ear off. By the end, she knew my name, I knew her mom's name, the dance classes she took and a detailed version of the cake she was going to eat at home. I'm sure she mentioned more; but tuned her out after a couple minutes.

We had 1 ticket left to do face paint. The line was really long; so we didn't do it. I asked the girls if they wanted to go in the bouncer again; but they said they would rather play on the playground instead. Go figure. Overall, It was a fun 2 hour outing for only $5

No comments:

Post a Comment