Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss and Shoplifting

It always seems to be raining this month on my days off. On this rainy day, we went to Lakeshore Learning for a Dr. Seuss birthday celebration. Luckily, this event was inside and we were able to stay out of the rain. The best part, it was FREE! Lakeshore also has craft time every Saturday.

My oldest daughter, 5, was more excited to play with the toys on display than to participate in the crafts and story time. If that was what was going to make her happy, then so be it. She did make an aquarium craft (based on the story of one fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish) got her face painted with cat whiskers and ate cake. Besides being turned down from everything she wanted to buy, she had fun.

I didn't think my youngest daughter ,2, would participate in anything; but I was wrong. She was the one who wanted to make all the crafts. She really enjoyed using dot paint to make a hat and decorating her aquarium with fish stickers, shells, and sequins. She loves to put gobs of glue on the paper and just leave it. Thankfully, the glue bottle was almost empty so it was a little harder to use so much glue. She even got her 1st face paint with the cat whiskers! I didn't think she would even sit and let them do it. While I shopped, she got to play with toys and eat her share of cake.

On the way home, I noticed a tag on the recyclable Lakeshore bag we had. My husband was carrying it in the store to hold all the crafts; so I assumed it was a give away. In the car, I asked if it was a give away and he said "No, I thought you bought it". Yes, I accidentally shoplifted for the 1st time. And yes, while shoplifting is a way of being frugal; those are not the rules for this frugal fun challenge! Sorry, Lakeshore. Next time I'm in the area, I will return the bag to you or pay the $1.50.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment